Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday Pointers: August 16, 2010, the back from vacation edition

D4:Artifact, My Artifact
Jeff takes a new look at magic items in D&D by getting rid of all the charts in the DMG except the artifact table. Coming out about the same time I got my copy of LotFP Weird Fantasy Roleplaying I think this is one of those ideas where the OSR can be the road not taken. A campaign without any generic magic items, but specifically placed weapons with background, strange powers, and consequences is an idea worth exploring.

D6:Trolls on the Odyssey: A Podcast
Listen to the gamemaster and player of a very interesting one person campaign in the old school style. I'm generally not a podcast person, but I enjoyed this. While I realize GenCon spawned it and is the primary subject (or at least frame) I'm hoping this will become an irregular occurance.

D8:New Cover Art
The Metal Earth has new cover art. The most important part of that is it means The Metal Earth is back from summer hiatus.

D10:The Pyrologist Transcribed
A "lost" OD&D subclass of the MU, the Pyrologist appeared in a fanzine edited by Len Lakofka in the 1970s and was written by Gary himself. Now it has been transcribed for the web.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the words about the podcast. :) Or whatever. Is it officially a podcast if it's not set up so you can subscribe to it? I have no idea how that all works.

    Anyway. We enjoyed making this one, so if people enjoyed it then I wouldn't be surprised to see another one somewhere along down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for yet another shout out! I'll have another (NSFW) piece up this week to finish my entries on the Scorn.

    ReplyDelete