Friday, April 1, 2011

Scary Brilliant...

I'm going through my PDF of Vornheim. It cost me $17 and change plus shipping (it's part of a pre-order of the print version).

Based on the front and back cover roll on charts alone I'll get my money's worth. Yes, they're that good.

First impression is this thing is that kind of different that is altering of how you do things. The form of the maps, more flow charts with images than the hex grid maps we're used to, show Zak's artist background.

In some ways it's a double-edged sword. It's inspiring and I want to skip work, press gang my players or co-workers and use it right now. On the other hand I look at and wonder, "how do I measure up to this" like I often do with Tekumel or Glorantha. Makes me want to quit, move to LA, and just join Zak's game in some ways.

Then I remember I've got at least a decade on him in life and GMing and the old bit about age and treachery is very, very true.

I've got a cool new toy and can't wait to play with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment