Thursday, June 25, 2009

Alchemy of the Stars

So, inspired by Jeff Rient’s An Alchemical Proposal and a need to revisit how to go about doing my Imperial Space game given I won’t try to base it on OD&D I thought I’d try to boil it down to his rules + 2 supplements + 3 fluff standard.

Here is what I came up with:

Rules

  1. Core Rules: GORE (what I picked for fantasy upon reading the original).
  2. Similar rules supplement: Future World from the old Worlds of Wonder booked set.
  3. Dissimilar rules supplement: Jedi Academy Sourcebook from the D6 Star Wars roleplaying game.
  4. This book is not what I thought it was. I'll be looking for a psionics book of some kind.

Fluff

  1. The Empire Strikes Back
  2. Heretics of Dune
  3. The Oresteia by Aeschylus

That’s it. Those six books are the canon sources for my Imperial Space game.

No comments:

Post a Comment